Emergency Preparedness

SaskFlood Damage Reporting & Emergency Assistance

To report flood damage or request assistance from the RM you can contact Public Works during normal office hours, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 306-975-1655 or 306-975-1660. For after-hour emergency only please contact the Corman Park Police at 306-242-8808.

The RM is focusing resources on the protection and maintenance of municipal infrastructure including unplugging culverts, removing snow blockages, checking the condition of channels and culverts, fixing any issues found and maintaining natural drainage patterns. We encourage ratepayers to contact Public Works during normal business hours if they are aware of issues that need to be addressed.


Current Conditions, Forecasts & Advisories

Requests for Drainage Approval & Drainage Complaints

Homeowners should also be aware that most drainage projects, including draining water from one piece of land to another, where ownership is not the same, requires approval by the Water Security Agency. This includes pumping water off your land into ditches and over roads.

The RM is not able to approve requests to pump over the road or into ditches, or approve other projects that affect natural drainage. Please contact the Water Security Agency in North Battleford.

Drainage Approval Process

The Water Security Agency can handle complaints about drainage-related activities. You should first contact the responsible party to try and resolve your complaint independently.

Drainage Problems & Complaints

Water Security Agency

101-111 Fairford Street E

Moose Jaw, SK S6H 7X9

Phone: 1-306-694-3960; 1-866-5420


Power Outages & Safety During a Flood

Contractors & Suppliers

Helpful Phone Numbers

In case of emergency call 911 for Fire/Ambulance/Rescue

Phone Number
Saskatoon City Hospital
Disease Control - Roy Romanow Provincial Water Testing Lab1-306-787-7138
EMO-Flood Info Line855-429-5455
Poison Control866-454-1212
Police-RM of Corman Park306-242-8808
Public Works-RM of Corman Park306-975-1655
Royal University Hospital306-655-1000
JPCH (Jim Pattison Children's Hospital)306-655-6500
Saskatoon Region-Public Health Inspector306-655-4605
SaskPower (24 hours)306-310-2220
or 1-888-355-5589
SaskEnergy (24 hours)888-700-0427
Sask 1st Call866-828-4888
Spill Control800-667-7525
St. Paul's Hospital306-655-5000
Western College Vet Med Large Animal Clinic (24 hours)306-966-7178
Western College Vet Med Small Animal Clinic (24 hours)306-966-7126

Helpful Websites

General Emergency Preparedness

Find all the information here on the Get Prepared website. Every household should be prepared to take care of themselves for a minimum of 72 hours if a major emergency occurred. Is your family prepared? The Emergency Preparedness Guide will show you how to put together both a household and workplace plan as well as a plan for children and pets.

Know Your Risks

Knowing the risks for your area can help you better prepare. The 2 most common hazards for Saskatchewan today are flooding and wild fires. Our region is also exposed to other risks which include:

  • Blizzards
  • Power outages
  • Tornadoes
  • Transportation accidents, etc.

Developing an Emergency Plan

Every household needs an emergency plan. It will provide you and your family with the knowledge of what to do in the event of an emergency. Ensure elderly family members who may not live with you are included in your emergency plan. Ask someone outside your immediate area to act as a central point of contact for your family members.

Putting an Emergency Kit Together

Basic supplies will be needed if an emergency occurs. For example you may be without power or tap water. It is important that everyone is able to be self-sufficient for a minimum of 72 hours. Everyone in your household should know where it is located in the home. It should also be easy to carry in case there is an evacuation.

Contents of your emergency kit should include items such as water, food that won't spoil, manual can opener, wind-up or battery operated flashlight and radio, first aid kit, small amount of cash (including change for pay phones) and a copy of your emergency plan. Other items that may be applicable are prescription medication, baby formula and items required for your pets.

During an Emergency

Call 911 only if you are reporting a fire, crime or saving a life. All non-emergency calls should be to your local police, fire or paramedic service. In the case of a major emergency:

  1. Follow your emergency plan.
  2. Get your emergency kit.
  3. Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
  4. Listen to the radio or television for information from local officials and follow their instructions.
  5. Stay put until all is safe or until you are ordered to evacuate.

In the Event of an Evacuation

Follow all directions given by authorities. Take your emergency kit, wallet, personal identification for each family member and copies of essential documents. If available, bring a cell phone and spare battery/charger. For further information read the Evacuation Orders section in the Emergency Preparedness Guide.

After an Emergency

Not all situations are the same but there are general instructions that will apply. Stay calm, check for injuries (including yourself, family members and other people injured or trapped), secure pets, listen to the radio for instructions and avoid using the telephone unless it is urgent.

Who Does What in an Emergency

  •  Individuals and Families: Individuals should be prepared to take care of themselves and their families for a minimum of 72 hours during an emergency. Individuals should also understand the basics of first aid and safety.
  •  First Responders (Fire, Police, and Paramedics): Local fire, police, paramedics and search and rescue teams are usually the first to respond. They are responsible for managing local emergencies as part of the municipal emergency plan.
  •  Non-Government Organizations: There are non-profit, non-government organizations that help with disaster prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. They work in partnership with governments to help deal with emergencies. They provide anything from first aid training to disaster relief. Examples are:
  •  Provincial and Territorial Governments: Each province and territory has an emergency management organization (EMO). They manage large-scale emergencies and provide assistance to communities as required.
  •  Federal Government: Federal departments and agencies support EMO's as requested. They also manage emergencies that involve federal jurisdictions. These include safety, national defense and border security.

Severe Weather Preparedness

Severe Summer Weather

Severe Winter Weather

Wildfire Preparedness

Download the Wildfire Preparation Booklet (PDF).