The P4G municipalities - the R.M. of Corman Park, Cities of Martensville, Warman and Saskatoon, and the Town of Osler - have agreed to form a Planning District. In the fall of 2020, the P4G municipalities approved a joint Official Community Plan to address future land use development and servicing within the P4G Planning District and to provide a coordinated approach to growth among all P4G municipalities. The P4G District Zoning Bylaw assigns proposed zoning districts and contains proposed standards to regulate the development and use of land in those zoning districts as a means of implementing the high-level policies in the P4G District Official Community Plan.
The proposed P4G Planning District Zoning Bylaw includes the following content:
- Sections 1 and 2 – Introduction and Administration: establishes the legal authority of the bylaw and outlines processes and procedures for development permit applications and bylaw amendments;
- Section 3 - General Regulations: regulations that apply to all developments and in every zoning district;
- Section 4 – Specific Use Regulations: regulations that apply to certain specific uses listed within the zoning districts as permitted or discretionary;
- Section 5 – Signs: regulations for controlling signs;
- Section 6 – Zoning Districts: contains all the zoning districts and regulations for permitted and discretionary uses within each of the districts;
- Sections 7 and 8 – Airport and Flood Plain Overlay Districts: includes regulation that specifically apply to lands in proximity to Saskatoon Airport and within flood plain areas;
- Section 9 – Definitions: description of terms used in the Bylaw; and
- Schedules 1 and 2 – Zoning Bylaw Maps and Country Residential Re-Subdivision Maps.
A detailed map showing the proposed zoning of all lands within the P4G Planning District may be viewed HERE and on the P4G website at www.partnershipforgrowth.ca.
The Advertisement for the bylaw can be found here. For more information, please contact the Planning Department at 306-242-9303 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Bylaw number.
CORMAN PARK – SASKATOON PLANNING DISTRICT
The R.M. of Corman Park also gives notice of intent to repeal the existing Corman Park-Saskatoon Planning District Zoning Bylaw 23/10. However, please note that until the P4G Planning District Zoning Bylaw is approved by the Province, the Corman Park-Saskatoon Planning District Zoning Bylaw 23/10 remains in effect.