Proposed Bylaw No. 54/17 will provide for a mapping amendment to the R.M. OCP to update the 5 per ¼ Constraints Overlay map to increase the number of properties within the P4G Regional Plan study area eligible for the increased residential densities. All five municipal Councils involved in P4G have now supported ‘endorsement in principle’ of the P4G Regional Plan. The documents have been filed with the province in order to support short term implementation of the Regional Plan. This ‘endorsement in principle’ allows the R.M. to consider amendments to the OCP and Zoning Bylaw that align with the P4G Regional Plan. One of these amendments is to allow the remaining agricultural areas in the P4G Regional Plan to be given allowance for 5 per 1/4 or 3 per 80 acre density increases. For more background on these changes and to view a current and revised “5 per ¼ Constraints Overlay Areas map” please click HERE.
The affected lands within the Municipality include portions of:
- Sections 31-34 in 35-4-W3;
- Section 35 in 35-6-W3;
- Sections 3-4, 9-10, 13-14, 23-26, 35-36 in 36-4-W3;
- Sections 1-2, 11-12, 17 in 36-6-W3;
- Sections 1-2, 11-14, 23-25, 36 in 37-4-W3;
- Sections 27, 34 in 37-6-W3;
- Sections 1-5, 9-11, 14-19, 23, 26, 30-32, 35-36 in 38-4-W3;
- Sections 7, 13, 18-19, 24-25, 30-31 in 38-5-W3;
- Sections 3-4, 9-12 in 38-6-W3;
- Sections 5-6, 18, 28-29 in 39-4-W3; and
- Sections 3-4, 10-11, 13-14 in 39-5-W3.
If you have any questions on the process, want clarity on whether your lands are included in these changes or would like to submit written or verbal comments at the November 20, 2017 public hearing on Bylaw 54/17 please Contact the Planning Department.