All construction, demolition/removal, or relocation of buildings within Corman Park is governed by the Municipal Building Bylaw. The R.M.'s appointed Building Official is MuniCode Services Ltd. who provides building code review and inspection services.
A list of frequently requested numbers including the Planning Department, MuniCode and various service and utility providers can be found on the Before You Build document.
Building Permit FeesA standard application fee of $125 is required for all applications, unless otherwise specified, in addition to the following fees:
- Residential Building Permit: $5.50 per $1,000 in construction value*
- Commercial/Industrial Building Permit: $5.50 per $1,000 in construction value*
- Agricultural Building Permit: no charge
Existing Unpermitted Development Fees
Building Permit Application Forms
- Dwelling &/or Dwelling Addition Application Form
- Industrial/Commercial Building Application Form
- Deck Permit Application Form
- Internal Alteration or Renovation Application Form
- Building Relocation Application Form
- Detached Accessory Building Application Form
Please note that application to the Saskatchewan Health Authority, and instillation, must be completed by a professional septic specialist, and must conform to the current Saskatchewan Onsite Wastewater Disposal Guide.
Building Permit Time Frames
A Building Permit typically takes 3-4 weeks to be issued. However, at times of high application volumes, an application review may take 4-6 weeks to process.
Before You Build
Energy Compliance, 2019
As of January 1, 2019, the National Energy Code of Canadafor Buildings (NECB) 2017 Edition and Section 9.36. of the National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC Section 9.36.) is enforced within Saskatchewan. All new construction is required to conform to the energy requirements as per the NECB and the NBC Section 9.36. The R.M. of Corman Park is within Climate Zone 7A and all new development is required to conform to the energy requirements for Climate Zone 7A.