Permit Information

The R.M. of Corman Park supports a diverse array of land use options with regulations in place to ensure ratepayers are able to enjoy the rural quality of life.

Whether you are constructing a residence on your land, renovating an existing building, operating a home based business, constructing a commercial or industrial building, or operating an intensive livestock operation, a number of permits and approvals may be required prior to beginning your project.

The first step in your project planning should be to review the links below that will provide more information and the required application forms to be submitted.

If you need further assistance contact the Planning Department to help you determine whether you need a development permit, a building permit or both. 
Development Permits
A development permit authorizes the use of a site or buildings and confirms compliance with the applicable Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw.  In almost all cases an approved development permit is required before commencing any development or use of land in Corman Park. 

Building Permits

A building permit is separate from a development permit. A building permit is governed by the R.M. Building Bylaw and approves building construction, ensuring compliance with the National Building Code.
Minor Variances
A minor variance is a request for a relaxation of the minimum required setback distance of a building.

Building Removal/Demolition
A permit is required to be issued prior to the demolition or removal of a building in the R.M.

Building Relocation
A permit is required when a building is being relocated onto or within your property.