Comprehensive Development Reviews (CDRs)
Why Submit a CDR?
CDRs are intended to provide RM Council and Administration with a complete overview of how the proposed development successfully integrates itself physically, socially, and financially with existing properties, owners, and development in the immediate vicinity. In addition to addressing matters of land use integration, a CDR is intended to assess the capacity of the supportive municipal and provincial infrastructure as it relates the demand created by the proposed development.
What is Included in a CDR
The CDR is prepared and provided as a companion to the relevant Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw and is intended to itemize and summarize the various topics to be covered. Typically the CDR is broken into two sections: the first section contains the bulk of the written narrative regarding the proposed development with the second part containing a series of appendices comprising the technical reports, records of consultation with the public and correspondence with the various regulatory bodies. It is important that the applicant makes reference to the appendices throughout the text in the first part to communicate how the development concept has responded to the technical conclusions.
How to Prepare a CDR
Read the CDR Information Package and Checklist (PDF) to make yourself aware of the requirements. You are encouraged to do as much preliminary background work as possible prior to hiring a professional planner, architect, engineer and/or other professionals as required, in order to reduce your costs. Once a preliminary draft CDR has been prepared, you should contact the Planning Department so an initial review may be undertaken prior to submitting the final report.
Upon conclusion of the initial review, the Planning Department may provide written comments that you will have to address as part of the formal submission. Once these comments have been addressed a final CDR may be submitted for Council’s consideration, which must include:
- A minimum of 2 bound copies of the CDR (additional copies may be requested at a later date)
- A single complete digital copy of the CDR in a PDF format
- A digital copy of an Executive Summary in a PDF format
- A completed rezoning application along with the applicable fee if required
- An AutoCAD file containing the Plan of Proposed Subdivision if required
- A signed and dated Plan of Proposed Subdivision in a PDF format
In addition to the items identified above, the Summary of Servicing Worksheet that is included in the CDR Checklist (PDF) should be completed and submitted with the final report. This worksheet is intended to provide a summary and specifications for the property servicing. Cost estimates are to be included for the purposes of calculating the financial security that will be required within a development and servicing agreement.
Pending CDRs (under review and/or recommendation to Council)
- Fortune Minerals Saskatchewan Inc. - Saskatchewan Minerals Processing Plant - Volume I
- Fortune Minerals Saskatchewan Inc. - Saskatchewan Minerals Processing Plant - Volume II
- Fortune Minerals Saskatchewan Inc. - Saskatchewan Minerals Processing Plant - Open House Summary
Note: If you have trouble viewing the CDR's, open a new browser (Firefox or Google Chrome, not Internet Explorer).
- Applewood Estates
- D. & B. Geransky
- Edgemont Park Estates - Phase I
- Grasswood Estates
- Greenbryne Golf and County Estates
- Meadow Ridge Estates
- Parkside Estates
- Saddle Ridge Subdivision
- Saddle Ridge Appendices A-G
- Saddle Ridge Appendices H
- Saddle Ridge Appendices I-M
- Tuscan Ridge Estates
- Whisper River
- 101063662 Saskatchewan Ltd. (Shercom Industries Inc.)
- Brandt Tractor Ltd.
- East Floral Industrial Park Phase II
- D. Greenwood
- NW Saskatoon Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Park Derochie Coatings
- See More Green Landscaping
- The Barn at Wind's Edge (Tataryn & Simpson)
- Loraas Disposal Services - Composting Facility
- West Corman Industrial Park Phase I
- 101050918 Saskatchewan Ltd (Paul Deason Commercial Development)